It’s a question Sabres fans have long pondered — will watching a hockey game be the same without Rick Jeanneret in the booth?
Sure, Rick has been down for a game or two in the past — and Kevin Sylvester, for example, did a capable job filling in — but once we realize the shrill of that voice has finally called its last goal, will the Sabres experience be the same?
I suspect not.
Jeanneret has been adamant in the past about his distaste for the road. He’s taking this radio-only road trip off. And he’s certainly earned a chance to sit with the feet up on the recliner and take in a few of these games at home.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not hoping it happens any time soon, but it’s time to be realistic. Rick’s days behind the mic are winding down.
But when he’s no longer the one making the calls, I wonder if hockey games will ever be the same?
- Can Starks handle the pressure?
- City Championship restores sporting faith
- NU AD gets two minutes for lamest excuse
- Still not getting Hamilton threat
- Was ’Cuse bad for Harris?
- Demske not fit for baseball
- Fewer locals at N-Trip
- Holy Bemidji! Beavers score one for CHA
- Flynn’s run proves he’s worthy of NBA
- NU baseball needs to right ship