Very little to be upset about after another solid preseason showing from Indy’s new venue.
Here are some Bits:
• Boy, no crew ever needed a play-by-play man like this one. Sterling Sharpe is good as an analyst, but when he said, “Robert Royal is a great tight end,” right after reading “D. Barnes” off the bottom of the screen, even an unabashed Royal fan like myself had to snicker.
• I’ve been saying this for two weeks — Xavier Omon is in, Dwayne Wright is out. No other reason they’d give Omon such a long look.
• Typical J.P. — enough to get you excited, but enough technical flaws to believe he can’t do it again next week. How many times was he two steps behind a receiver?
• The full screen that showed Jared Lorenzen the same height but about 30 pounds heavier than Brian Urlacher was fun.
• In the pregame, NFL Network’s Adam Schefter told Jeff Russo that Trent Edwards has a “big-time arm.” Hmmm … isn’t that his one weakness?
• That being said, Schefter’s post-game column was loaded with bits, including the note that the Bills are working on a no-huddle with Edwards calling the shots.
• Why was Colts’ Pro Bowl center Jeff Saturday in the game in the third quarter?
• The long touchdown pass from Quinn Gray to Devin Aromashodu (the Colts’ duo that gives defensive coordinators nightmares) had to make you wonder if Leodis McKelvin will see much of the field on defense this season. Buffalo simply can’t afford one slip like that this season. Reggie Corner has been better on defense than McKelvin.