Here’s the quirkiest story out of today’s Niagara County sports headlines — Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka will wrestle in Lockport on June 14 in a fundraiser for the Buffalo Gladiators semi-pro football team.
Here are a few questions (and I’m trying to not think about this for long):
• How did the Gladiators get hooked up with Snuka? Is he an NYAFL fan? Snuka’s probably got seasons for the CNY Express, right?
• Jimmy Snuka’s still alive? According to Wikipedia, Snuka was born in 1943, making him not just eligible for the Champions wrestling tour, but also his 401k.
• Where’s Cap’n Lou Albano?
• (From photo above) When did Robert Blake start wrestling?
And last but not least …
• Who’s going to help this guy when he slips a disk trying the Superfly Special?
This might be worth the 10 clams just for answers.